Sunday, October 14, 2007

After hours

When the sane world busy sleeping, few crazy ones are wondering what to do next…just because they don’t wanna sleep…
And I am one of the crazy ones…
I haven’t really figured out the (logical)reason behind staying up late..I guess there isn’t one…

All I do is watching movies, listening to music, reading…pretty much everything what I can do in day-light…But after hours, these things seem far more appealing. I somehow appreciate them more.

Then, a noisy vehicle goes by and disturbs tranquility of the night..The sound fades leaving behind a new-found serenity. Those peaceful moments are very intriguing and thought provoking.The absence of inane rush makes me realize, that rat race is huge part of life and its inevitable. I start introspecting, evaluating my day. Various thoughts/ideas pop up in my head about my future, my dreams and what not.. I run out of things to do n I decide to sleep...to become the part of that silent world, which I adored so far…to dream same old stupid dreams and hoping to have new ones.. to wake up next mornings to face same old rush and noise, to make my dreams come true.

7 comments:

Sanika said...

That s real nice post - and though i hv not thought so much about why i keep staying up at night, i guess most of what u said strikes a chord.

Sneha said...

:)
i didnt think abt the concept either..until now..its a result of staying up late for no reason and thinking!

Pratap Tokekar said...

Or you have a BSNL net connection and you are waiting for the free hours to start at 2 :P

Sneha said...

nah re..
got stupid iqara limited scheme :(
told u- thr is no logical reason :P

Shantanu said...

I think a person stays awake bcoz that time of the day, there is no one to answer to ;-). It only gets better if you don't have to answer to yourself as well :P

Sneha said...

may be.. it really feels nice to be 'un-accountable' for a while..but it gets ugly if mum wakes up ;-)

Sameer said...

in fact i think that time u can answer yourself better :)