Monday, January 28, 2008

Faces of Rajasthan

I re-visited Rajasthan in December and wanted to write about the trip for a long time. Now that I have one test to give tomorrow, my blogging enthu reached its pinnacle. That’s why the post :D

There are few faces, I will never forget. An elegant folk dancer, she was just a teenager but was chewing tobacco with typical “kothewali” style(sounds very filmy, I know(but its true)) . Service boys bringing water at 7 in the morning in the cold (we stayed in the dessert for one day). A guy wearing cargo with kashmiri embroidery and badla work(I salute the designer!!). The singer singing “Nimbooda” and the guy accompanying him playing ----(its basically two wooden strips in each hand(I forgot what it called!!!)) and many more….
One thing I realized during my brief encounter with Rajasthani people, no matter who you, what your income is, there is constant effort to maintain same royal lifestyle.

No comments: