Thursday, April 3, 2008

Confessions of a "soon to be an Engineer”

Exams are barely few days away. Soon enough I will be an ‘Engineer’.

Its an end of era and a beginning of another.

Looking back, I remember all the fun-times, those careless moments. The times when the toughest decision you had to make was ‘to choose a flavor of the ice-cream’. The times when you know you are protected against everything in the whole wide world all the time. The times when you used to crawl up in mum’s lap after having a bad dream. The time you spent doing tp after school. The sleep-overs.. The times you spent doing lukkha-giri in college campus, during lects…

Then I gaze at the new world waiting for me through the looking glass. The thought of exploring it is very much enticing. I am really looking forward to break out of this cocoon surrounding me, and follow the path chosen by me.

But sometimes I wonder is this really what I want? And if its not this, what is it that I want?? Is it my dream??? Then a long forgotten dream materializes in my head one more time, and I laugh at myself. Not because I dreamed about it, but because how little I tried to make that dream come true. And then I realize that I never really wanted it..and I would have wondered about those so called different things, the same way I am thinking right now. Even that fact makes me sad. But just for a moment, until I realize that I have got all I really wanted in life. And there is really not much to complain about…

Then the reality(my mum) knocks on the door...that brings me back to present And I resume to my so called ‘studies’….

4 comments:

Shantanu said...

atleast exams get you back to blogging :-)
Anyway, its amusing to read of someone's similar rants and confusions

sahdeV said...

About the para that starts with "But sometimes I wonder is this really what I want?"

Agadi manatla bolalis!!!!! (Munh ki baat chhin lee mhanataat na, tasa!:))

Sanika said...

Agree with Shantanu - exams get u back to blogging like nothing else :P

And abt being confused th e way u r - I think more than 90% of us are!

Sneha said...

:)
thr is no denying it.. The thoughts just pop in the head when u r holding a book in front of u. Otherwise who has the time for any kind of speculations...

And as far as the confusions go, I always think everyone has better idea of 'they want' compared to me..or atleast they are good at pretending it :P